Thursday, November 16, 2006

Home Depot, Lowe's & everything else


So far, every month since summer we have been taking full advantage of the free kids' clinics offered at Home Depot and Lowe's. Some were difficult to make, some were a cinch. Two adults to three kids was always our case. Hubby would help the girls while I would supervise H. With the growing belly, it's getting harder and harder to contort to those positions to help him hammer his nails. However, he's also becoming more independent, such that he would pull away from me, insisting,

"I got it, I got it."
This firetruck is the most difficult to put together.


I noticed that H doesn't like to dabble in painting and crafting as much as his sisters do. So when offered the chance to paint his project of the month, he would always refuse it while his sisters would jump for joy. So you can tell which one is his, since he doesn't care much for perfection and coloring inside the lines.







Can you tell which one is his? S would take the most care in making hers look as perfect as possible, while artistic N would let her imagination take her wherever she's inclined to go.




Now H is enrolled in a Quran memorization program at the closest masjid to us, and S & N will start dugsi at another masjid this Saturday insyaallah. Finishing Surah Al Mutaffifeen, he chose to memorize Ar-Rahman, and is now doing it with hubby. I have also figured out a way to do Quran recitation with them while keeping my patience. One kid per post prayer time so far seems to be working. N and her fidgeting. H and his insistence that he didn't say it wrong. S is taken care of by hubby.

"Sometimes when Abi tells me stories from the Quran, I feel like I want to read this," said S, as she held up the Noble Quran to me.

Alhamdulillah, now, whenever I dally for prayer, I will always hear shouts,

"Ummi! Pray!"

One time, S said,

"Come on, Ummi. Let's pray. If not all my fasting will be for nothing."

She managed to fast her 6 shawal and a full Ramadhan.

N fasted a full Ramadhan too.

H fasted the whole Ramadan, except those Saturdays when we let him break his fast after running up and down the field in his soccer games. Though he did insist on keeping his fast on the last Saturday.

I, on the other hand, fasted only about 7 days and have yet to make the rest of the days up. Heartburn and what nots, I hope I'll get them over with this December insyaallah.

No comments: