Wednesday, November 09, 2005

Sinus Infection - Monday Nov 7

He doesn't have pneumonia Alhamdulillah, but he has sinus infection instead. So H is on amoxicillin now. We didn't officially start school today because the visit to the doctor messed up our schedule. We also had to pick up H's prescription at Kroger. No matter. The kids are into writing letters now. They just mailed an envelope each to their grandparents and their penpals.

I have a dental appointment today. The girls lugged along their care bear. The check up took so long that F and the kids left me and went home by bus.

Another one of those things happened to me.

"J, you don't look your age. I was looking at your records and your kids, and I thought, 'hmm she doesn't look 29'. You have a young face."

Well, well, well, how was I supposed to respond to that? The american way would be to smile appreciatively and say thank you. The Malay way would be to vehemently deny it while hiding a building sense of joy inside. I did it the American way.

It made me think. How is 29 supposed to look like, I wonder?

When I got home, Love-a-lot was head down in the laundry basket. The girls had apparently played with her so much so that she probably accumulated all the germs and dirt existent in the dental building.

3 comments:

anggerik merah said...

You are still young my dear..and will always look young..tu yang untung tu..

Nadia said...

AM, I don't know if it's my height or my face that incites those kinds of comments LOL
now don't have to worry about hubby looking much younger than me lah at least hihihi....you know how they say women age faster

Roving Soul said...

:) i just discovered ur blog and LOVEs it!