Ayam Masak Merah: I'm never able to reproduce this dish in perfect replica each time. This is the best I've made so far, the one I made for MSA. I hate frying, because the smell lingers for a long time in apartments in the United States. Strangely, it doesn't seem to be a problem in Malaysia, where we have wet kitchens outside. So what I do whenever chickens need to be fried prior to making the dish is to bake/broil them in the oven. It's healthier and keeps the apartment from smelling like you've been cooking for weeks non stop.
My favorite seafood: shrimp. Actually my favorite seafood is crab but they're expensive here. I remember the crab soup my stepmother used to make everytime I came back from boarding school. The fragrance of it just drives my salivary glands nuts.

Vegetables: I have to have green in my food. My grandmother was always nagging me on eating my greens, and the incentive she kept feeding me was: "You want to look young, eat your greens." I didn't really care about looking young back then, but somehow it was ingrained in my family and I grew up needing greens in my food.
I really am pregnant. Can't think about food without feeling sick, yet can't stop thinking about them either. I don't care much for desserts except when I'm in the mood, but I have to say I'm more of a savory person. Unfortunately, my son takes after me, and I really pity his future wife. I have to make sure I apologize to her for producing a son who likes savory food, even for breakfast.
4 comments:
Sedapnye! Looks sooooooooo SEDAP!
My parents are at my house for a week or so. I have been going home for lunch since Monday for my mom's cooking. I cant wait to go home for lunch now, and its not even 12pm yet.
elsa,
bestnye..nice to have someone cook for you, esp mom's cooking. I've had to cook everything and I mean everyhing myself since we lived in the US, and hubby's not an 'outer eater' so heheheh all home-cooked food for us, but he's not fussy either, so alhamdulillah. I'm the fussy one LOL, so goodla, sbb if I'm fussy at least I'm the one that has to cook LOL...all those years of trying to make malaysian kuih and failing..that makes me miss malaysian so much!
Yes nadia that look delicious.. yumcuios.. Wow you are multi-talented superwoman :). Same here.. love to eat all the malaysia kuih-muih but always failed.. so have to wait till we go back for holiday in M'sia..:)
sis azizah
azizah
I really have to email you back because I have lots of questions and want to get to know you more hehehe tp ya allah, asyik penat je bila nak bukak email tu :) i think we might be the same batch..or beza sethn dua.
Post a Comment