Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Not My Day

I dread teaching N. I truly do, because I just know I WILL lose my patience with her. Of all the kids, she is the most different. That said, her 'different' can be good and bad. When it's bad, it's really bad.

I dread doing Language Arts with her. I dread doing math problems with her. All because she tends to dream, and answer me in a barely audible voice. As a consequence, she is always behind, because I fear working with her.

Today is truly not my day. I hate it when I go all berserk, and when I work with N, and we have to go all the way around a problem solving question, even back to the basics, I just declare it a bad day for myself. This is also not a first time. She seems to be having a LOT of problems doing lengthy math problems. Direct addition and subtraction are fine, but when it comes to problem solving, I don't have the patience it takes to get her through all of it. We work on a part of the problem, and by the time we get to the bigger picture, she has forgotten what it was all about, and I have forgotten there is a thing called patience.

Not my day, indeed.

7 comments:

UglyButAdorable said...

oohhh..dun worry honey...things will be betta tomorrow...rabbiyassir wallatuassir... insya allah it will simpler tomorrow..

Nadia said...

insyaallah jazakillah Khair UBA! hugs

liadevega said...

Juli, it's not to wrong have that feeling...I knew it very much. It's just a prove that we're human, far from perfections. Hang on dear, have a lot of patience.

Nadia said...

thanks Lia. yup patience I do need.

Roving Soul said...

sabar... sabar...

*hugs*

tha said, maybe there are alternative ways that N can learn maths, i mean ways that she might somehow enjoy and can get her to *stop dreaming & get to work*...

Anonymous said...

u teach language arts, maths and what else do u teach? u ni mmg all rounder lah...tabik lah!

Nadia said...

honeymj


LOL basically everything, becauuse i'm their only teacher :) makes me feel how much i don't know :)