Friday, September 21, 2007

Day 9 - Musaylamah The Liar

Day after day we have been opening up the petals, each kid taking turns. Bit by bit our staircase is rapidly filling up beautifully. I predict that by Eid, it will be replete with their representations of what they learned from our daily crossword puzzle.

Day 1 we did the childhood of Jabir Ibn Abdullah.

Unfortunately I failed to dilligently keep track of what we did on a daily basis, but so far we have done:

  • Taqwa
  • Lailatul Qadr
  • Iftar
  • Hilal
  • Jinns
  • Sawm
  • Bilal Ibn Rabah

I don't remember which day we did which, as I was usually groggy and exhausted every morning, but so far I have managed to do some short lessons with them on the above topics.

Today, Day 9, the question was:

He claimed to be a prophet after the death of Rasulullah SAW. He was killed by Wahshi. Remember Wahshi?

"You can find the answer in here," I said, handing S the first volume of History of Islam.

She flipped through it aimlessly.

"Where is it?"

"I'll give you a hint. It's after the death of the Prophet SAW, and during the time when Abu Bakr was khalifah."

H came downstairs, and together they sought the answer. S was still flipping through the pages when H took stock of the situation and exclaimed,

"Oh, I know! Where's the Table of Contents?" and went straight to the beginning of the book.

I left them and went upstairs to put Baby Z down.

After a while I heard hubby helping them.

"You should find it on that page," he said and left for the masjid.

"Oh! Musailamah! Musailamah!"

Excited steps running up the stairs.

"Oh, she's praying!"

Steps going back downstairs.

"Ummi, is it Musaylamah?"

After we prayed Fajr, I talked about

  • how he claimed to be a prophet
  • how there was also a woman who claimed to be a prophetess, who married Musaylamah
  • how Musaylamah challengd Khaleed Ibn Waleed to drink poison
  • how Khaleed drank it and didn't die
  • how Al Baraa' was catapulted over the wall of the Garden of Death
  • how he paved his way to the door, opened it from inside
  • how Wahshi sought Musaylamah and killed him
  • how Wahshi killed Hamzah and how the prophet SAW couldn't bear to look at him after that even after he became Muslim
  • how 70 huffadh we martyred in the Battle of Yamamah
  • how Zaid Ibn Thabit was assigned the task of leading the job of compiling the Quran

No comments: