H was doing his math additions, and having some problems. I told him,
"You can use the counting chips or the cubes if you want."
"Can I just use my head?" he replied.
The Dragon Tales song was playing on TV and I reminded them,
"Your heart, your heart." I had told them to protect their heart from being corrupted by muting the TV if there are songs and not watching haram stuff. At first it was a dilemma for me when I let them go to other people's houses. Do I tell the people to control the TV channels when my kids are atheir house or do I just train my kids. After some deep mulling, I came to the conclusion that I should just train my kids and at the same time disseminate dakwah through them. Dakwah coming from kids is easier to digest. So i sat the kids down and told them about the vulnerability of the heart, how it can become corrupt and covered in black when we let little 'insignificant' things cloud it. I couldn't just tell them that it's forbidden or anything like that so I opted for the 'heart' approach, since it will probably make them more aware of the effort they have to put forth rather than feel restricted.
N replied,
"When I couldn't find the remote to mute it, I just covered my heart like this," and she put her palm on her chest.
Another time, still on the matter of hearts, hubby pretended not to see N sitting on the couch and proceeded to sit on her,to which she immediately shrieked,
"Abi, you're breaking my heart!"
And S, upon a loud popping of a balloon, yelled,
"You scared my heart!"
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
they're so cute :)
:D yes..i can already imagine missing them when the grow up :)
Post a Comment