Saturday, September 09, 2006

Chinese Eyes

"I know why I have the smallest eyes," said H, as he put two finger circles over his eyes like a pair of glasses.

"Why?" I asked.

"Because I was born last."

We had been watching our home video of them when H was a toddler, N a chubby 2 year old, and S a smart-alecky 4 year old. The one thing we kept nociting was how big their eyes were, especially N's. H's seemed bigger back then. Now, he looks slightly Chinese except for his skin tone.

They're also a whole lot skinnier now. Almost everyone was shocked to see how chubby they were. It defeated Sg's theory, which she had shared with S.

"Your mom can't have chubby babies because of genes. Your mom is thin and your dad is thin," was what S relayed to me.

I chuckled. My mother is skinny but she had chubby babies. As chubby as you can imagine. Alhamdulillah the fat weren't there to stay.

"Do you guys want a baby?" I asked the kids.

"Yeah, I want a chubby one," said S.

I chuckled again.

"Then make dua this one's ok, Insyaallah," I said, as I tried to quell the nausea that has been plaguing me for weeks now.

10 comments:

UglyButAdorable said...

nausea??..eeerr..congratulations..

UglyButAdorable said...

nausea??..eeerr..congratulations..

Anonymous said...

Alhamdulillah..btw dah confirm ker? :)

Anonymous said...

alhamdulillah :-) u take care of urself ok? my dua is always with u & the kids...

*hugs*

oh, i am so happy!

liadevega said...

Oh, that is a wonderful news. My dua to Allah to make this pregnancy easier on you.

Anonymous said...

Mashaa Allah tabarakAllah. A mini Jules. I can't wait to watch this one grow.;) laga ma hadli karo.

Anonymous said...

hehehe...congrats! patutlah lama tak dengaq citer.

Nadia said...

Jazakum allah khair everyone! I'm on bedrest now because i had(insyaallah) a threatened miscarriage. The doc's doing a progesterone check on me. Should be getting the result this Friday insyaallah. Again, Jazakum allah khair for your support and dua.

hugs

Anonymous said...

Bedrest means not screaming and jumping up and down when one hears news of a certain shaykh coming to town LOL

Umm chinese-eyed Munchkin

Nadia said...

LOL..what can I say? He's my favorite! :)