I just want to apologize for the previous post that I just deleted. My meddling husband actually posted that as a joke and I never got around to deleting it. I'm kind of tied up right now with a lot of stuff especially the upcoming Leadership Conference, which S did the binder cover for also.
After that I'm going to be busy with Seats of Scholars and some halaqa presentations. The kids' spelling bee is coming up, and we are right now contemplating whethere the girls should contiue going to the dugsi or not.
The thing is, it seems that they are mainly doing memorization and reading and writing Arabic (without being told what it means). H on the other hand is improving a lot under the tutelage of the masjid's Imam alhamdulillah. Hubby was thinking of stopping sending the girls to dugsi and sending them to H's teacher instead. It's closer too. We'll see. The way the girls are memorizing right now, it is the same as us doing it at home by ourselves.
Other than that we are also speeding up the rate at which we are learning the lessons that need to be done before the baby comes insyaallah.
Now, everyday, I make their To Do list on a portable white board, which they will use as a guide. Once they are done with each item, they will erase it. This way I make sure they do what they're supposed to do without having to remind them everytime. Time and voice saver, though not totally a voice saver because I find myself having to tell them to finish off their To Do list for the day. The word chore is also included as one of the items on their To Do list.
So basically, everyday now, they have to cross off items on their To Do list while also crossing off things on their chore chart. As for me, I'm doing way too many juggling especially with the conference coming up, and after this Seats of Scholars. Nevertheless it's all good alhamdulillah. May the baby be born with excellent work ethics insyaallah. Ameen.
S's note binder cover for the Leadership Conference. She figured out that the picture can be flipped.
No comments:
Post a Comment