Who would think that a baby could wreak such havoc in his mother's brain? I messed up big time in calendar reading last week.
1. I kept insisting that the aqeeqah we were invited to attend was on June 30 when it was on July 7.
"So are we going today?" I asked hubby.
"It's next week!" he replied for the umpteenth time.
"But you can go today if you want," he added.
2. I arranged for a couple friend to bring the kids to the library last Saturday for a program at the library since I was attending an AlMaghrib class while hubby watched Baby Z onsite. I had cooked lunch, invited them over, arranged the logistics and everything, and then...
"So did they attend the program?"
"It's next week," said T.
The librarian even asked T, while laughing,
"Do you want to camp out?"
July 14, became July 7 to me. I don't know how I could have botched the whole thing up!
And all this over fretting and worrying over how I would manage taking Rays of Faith with a nursing baby in tow. I don't pump, so hubby offered to babysit Baby Z onsite while I sit in class and dash out every break time to nurse Baby Z. So distraught was I over this arrangement, worrying that he might not get enough nursing sessions because the class was a full weekend, that I failed to read the calendar properly.
Alhamdulillah though, Friday was pretty ok, Saturday was very very tiring, and Sunday was good. Friday and Saturday, I was not able to concentrate in class that much as I kept thinking of Baby Z, and for several times, I kept giving him the wrong side that I was engorged on the other side. Sunday, I was getting the hang of it alhamdulillah. Baby Z also seemed to hang on to me everytime I nursed him, making me go in late in class each time after break. All in all, it's both hilarious and disturbing how a little baby can wreak such havoc in my mind.
And why am I taking the class and not hubby, when it's obvious that it would be easier and logical if he does instead of me?
Because, according to him,
"It would be more beneficial if she takes it because she will be the one raising the children."
"No, you should take it because you need to be educated because you are the one raising your children," said a friend, when I told her that it would be a lot easier if hubby takes the class rather than me.
May all husbands think this way. Ameen.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
salam, dear juli, why don't u try to pump, just in case ur hubby can't help u onsite. i've been pumping for the past 19 months (coz i m working), insyaAllah 5 more months to go until she reaches 2. take care.
waalaikumsalama
I tried. I only get like a few measly ounces and it hurts. It was like that too when I tried pumping 10 years ago.
Asalaam Alaikum Sister,
Sometimes the less expensive pumps hurt, sometimes hte more expensive pumps do too. Inshallah you will do ok. I got a medela one that I thought was very comfortable, it plugged into the wall and worked very well, but it was also $80.
May Allah bless you and your family and your efforts to increase your Emaan,
Aeryn
salam, dear juli, aeryn was right. i m using medela too, double pumping, very efficient and no pain at all. medela is very cheap in Us right. take care.
aeryn
walaikumsalam
inshaallah..ameen.
Roza,
umm not necessarily :D even if it was, it wouldn't make sense for me to buy it since I'm at home 99% of the time and with the baby 99.9% of the time :D I also think freezing, warming up breastmilk is tedious compared to feeding baby directly..but khayr inshaallah..we survived those two weekends. I dare not leave the baby with anyone else other than my husband anyway, and my husband will not want to heat up frozen breastmilk anyway (he would prefer to wait for me and hand me the baby so he can have a break :D)
the class mashaallah! was very very very beneficial even though I know like 70% of the material beforehand..it was a very much needed reminder and eman booster.
salam, true, forgotten that u r a housewife. soon i'll be one too, insyaAllah.
Post a Comment