While people are relaxing on Labor Day, we did school, as we usually have been on the secular holidays.
We can't afford to relax on these holidays as well, because we will have our own 'labor' days, oh yes. We will have our own holidays ; Ramadan, the two Eids, plus we will also have our own sick, bad and emergency days when school might be disrupted.
I managed to have all three read the Quran, do their surahs, and finish school. Baby Z pretty much behaved too (he napped soundly) alhamdulillah.
Though, it seems that Baby Z is a continuous distraction and reason for a break, such that I find myself saying,
"Do your work!" when one of them gets off their chair to come over and play with Baby Z.
Baby Z is also getting some schooling from me as I have started doing the Glenn Doman reading cards on him. I call it 'Reading Game'. I hung the sets of cards on the wall behind his diaper changer.
I've never done it to a baby before, so this should be interesting. Just today I was working on the math cards. I thought I had bought enough red dot stickers last weekend, but apparently, we are due for another trip to Staples or Office Max for more red dot stickers.
5 comments:
:-) hijau nya!
so the school has started ya. reading it pun i feel tired tau, so i really cant say "i can imagine how tired you must be"...
BUT i can safely say this, only such strong person like you can embark on such journeys. may Allah continue to bless you with strength and courage to sustain on the journey.
hugs
LOL..bosan tgk kaler pink tu :D
ameen.
salam juli, this is roza, i m reading the GD book on how to teach ur bb to read, have u tried this with your other children? does it really work? btw, i,ve finally resigned, what a relief!
waalaikumsalam roza
i did it with my oldest (full) and my other two i did in part because we had to move. yes it does work! :) like it says in the book, even if you do it wrong it will still benefit. I did it in part with my othr two..and they seem to pick up reading pretty fast on their own by the tawfeeq of Allah. I didn't even have to teach them much, they practically taught themselves alhamdulillah!
alhamdulillah! enjoy your time at home :D
hugs
nadia..i've been reading ur previous post...br i perasan u buat jugak yg math part...dots card it is works?my hafiy tak minat sgt maybe sbb i started late so thinking of doing it to my baby..but then i tak pakai card just print it on print paper b5 lak tu..mmg kena ikut bebetul ker ek?i mean the size n every details of the program..urrently tgh baca buku dia yg math..yg how to teach ur baby to read tu dah baca n buat..works on hafiy!
Post a Comment