It rather surprised me to see Baby Z's reactions when we read to him. I don't remember ever reading to my other kids when they were about 4 months old or younger, so I was pleasantly surprised when Baby Z gurgled, cooed, and babbled with wide eyes at the pictures.
The first time I read to him, his eyes widened and he smiled at the pictures in the book. As I turned the pages, he called out, as if speaking to the pictures.
So now, I have the kids read to him when I'm busy doing something else, or just need a break.
Yesterday, I put Baby Z on H's lap and gave H one of the books we always read to Baby Z. H, with his usual chatter, read to Baby Z, inserting his running commentary as entertainment.
At one point, the text said,
"Allah made creamy milk that come from cows.."
H followed it with his running commentary,
"But your milk is from here okay?"
He pointed to me.
"But she's not a cow, okay?"
Baby Z at the time was intently looking at the pages, cheeks plopping south, lower lip thrusting out in concentration.
I chuckled. Cow indeed. He didn't know that I actually felt like a cow on the day my milk came in, when I was squeezing out as much milk as I could to alleviate the pain.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Asalaam Alaikum Sister,
Boy do I remember that feeling. I breastfed my daughter for a little over a year. We went to the state fair, my husband and I, and we were walking past the dairy cow barn and they were having a demnstration of the mechanical milking machine, and my husband pointed and said quietly "I imagine that about how you feel when you pump your breastmilk" LOL. I was laughing so hard I cried. I did feel like a cow sometimes, especially when I was engorged those first few days, ugh; and then if something happened, as it often does and you breastfeed late. But the bond it creates is so beautiful, sometimes I miss those times just myself and my daughter, masha'Allah.
May Allah bless you and your family,
Aeryn
PS Glad to hear that the schooling seems to be getting easier, alhamdulilah.
LOL...
i know....the bond is indescribable...I love watching those cheeks and chin moving when they suck..and the little hands...they tug, the play around, those years go by so fast...
Post a Comment