"I have to call Mummy and tell her that her cucu can now bake by herself," I said to hubby.
"S has her baking grandma AND the running grandma," I continued while he did the dishes.
"N has her drawing grandma, AND also the other drawing grandma her father didn't know about," I added with a chuckle.
We recently found out that my MIL has some artistic abilities which hubby was unaware of. Apparently, there's a lot about her he didn't know, as I found out when she was here.
"And H, hmmm H has his talking mama," I began to chortle.
A smile formed on hubby's lips. Encouraged I continued,
"his laughing mama, chattering mama..." and I never finished because H came dashing straight at me, trying to make me stop, while I helplessly laughed.
"H, if you say something funny, and no one laughs, except you, then it's not funny. If Ummu laughs, either she's being kind or it's still not funny. You see when Ummu makes jokes, and she laughs, but no one else does, that means it's not funny."
Hubby declares my jokes to be flat, and his wittingly side-tickling. H has now adopted hubby's style of joking, mostly twisting words, that at times brought to an enlightening "Wha?"
"That's why I want another son. I ruined this one," said hubby when I told him that H is now a walking joke book.
Recently H asked for a comic book at the store. I told him we'd find it at the library and when we did, he asked the librarian himself. We came home with Garfield comics and joke books. Oh, since then we were constantly blasted with joke questions which we had to answer. He wouldn't even let anyone else read the book for fear of us knowing the answers. What a racket he carried out when his sisters took a peek at the book.
I wondered if he even understood the jokes. He claims he does. Some that he doesn't, he claims not to understand, but he grinned anyway. That Cheshire cat grin of his, which, he inherited from me.
As for hubby, well, at least now he has found a match: his own progeny. Mouth for mouth.
Thursday, April 27, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
hey naddy! my son used to buy lots of joke books and blasted them to us...asked him too if he understood, he said he did...hehehe.
ely, mmg budak laki cantu gaknye eh? heheheh pening gak
Post a Comment