Friday, July 28, 2006

My Village

You need a village to raise a kid. I echo that sentiment with all my heart. I racked my brains all day yesterday trying to figure out how in the world I am going to handle this coming school year.

When I was picking up S and H from the masjid, I found out about the daily program with the Imam. Everyday after Maghrib he helps the kids memorize new surah, and on Tuesdays dna Wednesdays at 7:30pm, he reviews all the suwaar they have memorized. H is definitely going, and when I asked him his reply was,

"Yes!"

S and N will not though. There is no way those two are ever going to open their mouths on the men's side.

Grasping at straws, I posted my desperate plae for help on our local forum, asking if anyone would be able to help me teach the kids few times a week. My problem is mainly due to the lack of homeschooling families here in town. The few families that do homeschool, have kids in different grades and I have found that it was more of a hassle than beneficial to get together since we live quite some distance from each other too. However, I'm not ready to give up yet. Hence my desperate plea.

Some wonderful sisters have offered their help and I'm now more than overjoyed. Now I just need help with Arabic. May Allah make it easy on us.

By and by I think I'm forming my much needed village, thanks to reminders from some sisters here. I have realized that it's also chemistry that in the end pushes one to pursue this village. I had the offer or suggestion before, but the chemistry wasn't there and my heart wasn't totally in it.

No comments: