We were honored to be part of the joyous occasion of one of our close friends last weekend alhamdulillah. The kids made cards for Auntie Sh.'s new baby, and I couldn't help chuckling at H's card content,
"I hope the baby won't have exima."
Subhanallah, I'm touched by the kids' well wishes for Baby B, not to be afflicted with the same affliction as Baby Z, alhamdulillah!
N kept saying,
"I hope she won't have eczema like Z."
Of course S and N also expressed the sentiment,
"I wish she was my baby sister."
Just as they fought to hold Baby Z, they also fought over holding Baby B. S later on said to me,
"Auntie Sh let me hold her by myself."
Sh had let N and H hold Baby B too, but while she was still holding Baby B, but S, Sh trusted her completely.
It made me recall the times when we had S, N, and H. S is a natural nurturer. When N arrived, she was happy to be a big sister. She immediately doted over N, and I do believe that N's dependence now is partly a result of S's 'big sister' persona.
As for N, when H came, she tried to swat him, and growing up together, she had done things to him that were not obvious to us. We could thank her itty bitty hand for H's articifial dimple now. H, on the other hand, had urinated a fountain when his sisters came to visit him at the hospital. The fountain barely missed N's skirt. I guess you can say the feeling was mutual.
However, now, N is the one to stay out of quarrels, and mind her own business. While S and H have their verbal and sometimes physical fights, N would discreetly stay away and not get herself involved.
I think we will have some fun with Baby B, now that Baby Z is no longer 'the baby' in town.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
i selalu akan stress kalau my anak2 gaduh esp yang involve tolak2 neh...
macam nak tercabut rambut i punya stress... how do you handle them? stand in the corner? time out? just let them express their emotion?
i think i might to age gap factor. my 3 kids r all 1.8mths apart. Masa hannan was born, hureen was just going to enter the tantrum two phase so it was SO HARD for her to accept her baby sister. unlike the time when baby fatih arrived, she was SO HAPPY.. sayang giler kat fatih. hannan was 1.8mth too masa fatih lahir but since she already has a sibling, it wasnt too hard for her altho she loves to do 'things' to fatih with her little fingers.
someone told me, if u want to hv another one, make sure the older one are old enough like 3yo or young enough like 1yo. Never ever in the middle.. dunno la whether it applies to all hehe..
hudhud
sis, i'm new reader here..
love to read your blog..
need some advice, my daughter is 2 yrs old now, i think i'm a little bit late to teach her, to recognised her interest. How to cope up with it??
makcik,
aiyoo that is still my source of stress la heheheh ..mcm2 dah try...but i will post something i learned in this one parenting session I attended at the public library inshaallah. I don't use it all the time..because I am not that waras all the time but i do use it sometimes...tunggu ye :P
hudhud
haa interestung tu..tp maybe ada betulnye jugak hehehehe
azyazi,
welcome ! I'm humbled by your visit and kind words. Even though I don't have any credentials to give advice LOL, what I can say from my own experience is it is not too late inshaallah. in fact the sun hasn't set yet, nor has it risen fully, so no, you're not too late. She's still young and fresh to absorb. She probably doesn't have specific interests that you can ascertain yet anyway..so enjoy her and just feed her with info and love :) if that doesn't answer your question, do ask again, maybe something specific?
Post a Comment