"Whoa!"
"Z hadhlahed!"
"Go get kitchen tissue, N. H get me baking soda from the bathroom," I ordered, while assessing the extent of damage done by Baby Z's projectile vomiting.
He is running a fever again, with very labored breathing, that I fear another onset of pneumonia. Last night, he was screaming, pushing, flinging himself in frusration of not being able to sleep peacefully without breathing problems. Once, while hubby was holding him on his chest, Baby Z flung himself so hard that his head hit the wall behind hubby's head. Suffice it to say, neither of us (hubby, myself and Baby Z) had much sleep last night.
This morning, while I made up some of lost sleep after Fajr, the kids watched Baby Z. I only woke up to call hubby and ask if he had made an appointment for Baby Z to see the pediatrician today. I nursed Baby Z on one side, and he fell asleep, but when I put him down, he woke up and cried because he couldn't breathe that well.
I handed him to S, who was sitting on her bed doing her schoolwork. She sat him in her lap while I proceeded to measure 1.25mL of Ibuprofen for his fever. His tummy had looked inconspicuously huge to me since last night, but what occurred next was still astounding.
It was as if the Maarib dam broke again, only this time, a gushing flow of white milk escaped.
It is not the vomit that is the subject of this post here, but it was what I uttered in spontaneous reaction as I took stock of the situation.
"He hadhlahed," I said, without thinking.
"His hadhlah ..."
Apparently I couldn't stop using the word.
"Ummi said hadhlah!" H shouted in amusement as he bounded to the bathroom to get the baking soda.
S grinned, apparently amused too.
I didn't think twice about it, but I guess this new vocabulary they had created a while back has made its way into my pantry of 'in-the-house-word'.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
kat sana, if kena pneumonia, tak kena hospitalized ke? kesian korang.
hudhud
Assalamualaikum nadia,
I had change my url for my blog. You will need to click on 'us' and it will bring you to the same blog with new url. Hope baby get better soon.
hudhud,
tak...dia cuma kasi antibiotics..tp dah check smlm alhamdulillah bukan pneumonia. ish tak larat la pneumonia..one week non stop high fever. cam agak common je kat sini babies kene pneumonia...tahla
finie, waalaikumsalam
thanks for updating! will change it inshaallah!
must be due to the whether la camtu.. kat msia ni mmg jarang kena kot.. kalau kena tu maknanya, baby terexpose kat tempat sejuk e.g. travel malam or demam lama sgt.. so mmg kena hospitalized la at least 2weeks. pneumonia ni can cause brain damage gak so be careful la. kat msia now ada new jab panggil 'pneumococcal' tapi belum wajib lagi and so expensive. US dah wajib ke. planning to get for hannan n fatih later, hureen dah. take care ya. dgn homeschooling nya, hse chores lagi, adoiiii... bnyknya tenaga ko.. aku gak yg pancit..
hudhud
hudhud....brain damage? hmm mesti sbb high fever kot..doc kata pneumonia salu charcterized by high fever..alahai H dulu pun kene gak tp masa dah besar nila..ni Z kene kecik3 cani yg aku susah hati betul...kat sini ada dah jab tu...hahahah tenaga byk? ari ni je aku kene plugged ducts lagi..satuhari dr semlm nanye...pastu aku takleh nak rest sbb otak dok pk psl sufiah yusuf tu dan implication kejadian tu kat all parents..a parent's worst nightmare..pastu alhamdulillah aku had a talk dgn sister ni yg mmg dtg rumah aku every jumaat...lega skit ati aku...pastu barula aku nak tido...plugged duct ni tak makan saman kalau kita tak rest tp mcm kalau otak penuh bende nak tido pun takleh..adey....homeschooling tu alhamdulillah la anak2 aku buat sendiri so ringan skit keje aku..hsechores tu mmg terbengkalaila kalau aku tgh cani :P esp laundry la..yg lelain tu..budak2 pun tampung so alhamdulillah ok lagi...
amoi
Hope baby z, gets well soon, Amin ...
so sis, you just hang in there. I can emphatise the plug ducts thingy, May Allah makes is easy for you ...
Post a Comment