Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Mother and Father

"We learned about mother being more special than the father."

"But Ummi already told us that," chimed H.

"I told them how I help you," said S.

"I'm confused," said N.

"They told us girls are not supposed to ride bikes because it's a boy thing."

Hmm, I don't know about that. I guess I'll have to check it out but as far as I know...nah. I'll let it go, for now.

"I'm confused why mothers are more special than fathers," said N.

"Well, mothers carry babies inside them. They get sick a lot, then the babies get so heavy that the mothers might not even be able to walk properly. Then when the babies come out their faraj will tear and the doctor will have to sew it back up. Then they will be in pain, give the babies susu, and that can hurt too," I went on and on, while thinking that I might scare them out of having kids of their own, especially the girls.

"But the fathers have sperms," said H.

I was slightly taken aback, but my immediate response was,

"Yeah, and that's about it."

Oops! I didn't expect it but they broke into a fit of giggles, and so did I, after I fully realized the implication of what I said.

"They just have that? No eyes, ears, face," began S, still giggling.

I went to the kitchen to wash my hands, trying to hide the mirth bubbling up inside me.

Oh, if only hubby was there. He'll get an interesting recap of what happened today. That's for sure.

But, boy, was I surprised at H's comment. No wonder MIL is scared of talking too much with him. He can really nail you to utmost embarassment!

6 comments:

UglyButAdorable said...

*giggles*

i wud like to know how mr hubby will handle it..

Nadia said...

kakibangku, yes i have heard of Khalifah method parenting, Jazakallah khair. No, the Ammu B was the guest speaker :)
UBA, LOL well he handled it all right LOL

Anonymous said...

direct to the point..yr son that is. and i see that u handle the situation rather well but abruptly. if i were u i would go on with...yeah but mommy has the production equipment that can make the baby grow inside... (i dont know what's the right word)...amazing lah yr kids!

Anonymous said...

Oh my. **blush**

Nadia said...

honeymj yup he sure is right to the point all right. I don't know whether that is good or bad, I guess depending on how he uses that directness (oyyyy)

Umm Junayd, yeah, LOL. It's a good thing it happened in our home without other people around LOL. But even so...hmm

Anonymous said...

That's a great story. Waiting for more. work at home repackageing Adult acne or rosacea Federal job classifications 15 Sex orgies clips Battlefield 2 force graphic card online pharmacies cheap fetish sex pregnant search Bank canada currency exchange online trading educa Business home loan mobile park illinois math jobs Compare norton antivirus 2006