I awoke to the whimpers of Baby Z. H who was already up and about came in and began to churn out his usual chatter. I instinctively tuned him out in my groggy state. Somehow, I went back to sleep and awoke to H's panic report:
"Ummi, there's a truck next to our space and the van's not there!"
"Uh oh, call Abi and tell him," I said, and went right back to sleep.
"Ummi, Abi's coming home. He said, 'Oh no' and said he'll becoming home soon."
This time I really woke up and dashed for the window to look at the missing van.
"Ya Allah! Call Abi!" I exclaimed.
There stood a moving truck, a long white moving truck in the parking space next to ours, totally blocking any view we would have of our blue van.
"H, of course you can't see the van! The truck is blocking it! Go call Abi now!"
Mirth percolated up my throat
"He's not picking up!" he yelled back.
"H! He's probably on the way home now, and you made him come back home for nothing!"
I was half laughing and half scolding him. He looked sheepish and indignant.
"No, it's not blocking. The van's gone!"
He can't be serious! I thought.
"Ok, go outside and see if the van's there. Go! Now!" I urged him.
"Noo..the van's not there!" he insisted.
"Go and look, quick! H! you just made Abi come home for nothing!" I chortled.
He ran out barefeet, peeked next to the moving truck, and from his widened grin I knew I was right. He ran back with a very sheepish grin.
"Ohh H, you're in trouble. Abi's gonna come home and be mad that you wasted his time," I chuckled as I left him to go back to bed.
I lay back down with Baby Z, who was wide awake, looking at his surrounding.
"Look at your silly brother, Z," I said to him.
A wide smile formed on his face, his eyes looking straight at H who was standing over me, sheepish grin never having left his face.
"Look H, he's laughing at his silly brother."
I don't know what went through H's mind, but when hubby came back, he was under the school table in his room.
"Who wants me home?! Who wants me home?!"
I got up and met hubby coming up the stairs feigning anger. H remained under the table quietly.
I chuckled.
"Just tell me you want me home!" boomed hubby as H giggled under the table.
"Well, now that I'm home, recite to me Al-Insaan," said hubby.
Tsk, tsk, tsk, H and his antics.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment