Friday, June 29, 2007

Why is Ummi Always Angry?

"Why do you think I'm always angry?"

"Because you're with us all the time," offered H.

"So what's the solution?"

"You go to school," hubby chipped in.

"Keep the house clean," replied H.

I thought about it. Hubby has suggested they go to school so many times before, but I never acceded to it. In fact whenever he would, it struck an obstinate chord in me. I know myself, because I have experienced it before. If they go to school and they come home with some bad influence, I would be more troubled than I would if their room is messy. I would worry, and I would berate myself, so I tell myself, I will bear this and fix myself, and may Allah help me.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

as salaamu `alaykum dear Sister

I relate to this post... a little too well. I know I need to curb my temper but like you, every time school is mentioned, the "obstinate chord" is raised.

May Allah make us successful ameen.

Nadia said...

waalaikumsalam iman

ameen.