Last Sunday Baby Z attended his first Hayl Meeting. Hubby had asked me repeatedly the night before if I wanted to go. I never answered because I didn't know how it was going to be Saturday night. However, Sunday morning, both Baby Z and I were awake at 8:30 am, so I thought, "Why not?"
We were 10 minutes late. Had to drop off SNH at Sh's house, pick up a brother, and deal with the stroller. B had already started the meeting when we got there, of course. As I sat down, Baby Z awoke. He wanted to nurse. I got out of the auditorium and sat in a nearby classroom.
As i turned on the lights, I couldn't help thinking about the Virginia Tech shooting. While he was nursing, I was thinking what it would be like were it to happen, nauzubillah. I guess that was the first time I have been in a campus classroom for quite some time. On saturday, we had some Indonesians over and over the course of our conv ersation, a sister mentioned of a research that found, that nursing mothers who are happy and smiling have healthier babies, because the quality of the milk is affected. Well, I hope to banish such sinister thoughts next time I nurse Baby Z, inshaallah.
As I struggled to burp him, he spit up big time. I went back inside the auditorium and lay him in his car seat. A few mionutes later, I heard a familiar sound from him. Apparently, he wanted a tour of the Hitchcock Hall, mainly the restroom. So I got up and took him to the restroom, which was on the first floor. That meant I had to go up one floor. He was smiling and cooing as I changed and talked to him. Yeah, sure, he was happy to get the tour.
We went back and I was able to remain in the auditorium for the rest of the meeting. As for Baby Z, as soon as we were getting into groups, he was passed around from one adoring fan to the other, suich that he wasn't able to take his nap. Later on at home, he napped for 3 straight hours! I had to wake him up because I was full.
Baby Z's first Hayl meeting. All the works.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
awww...that was definitely good reading!
we all know he liked me best...LOL
i'm glad everything turned out so beautifully...alhamdulillah
yeah i need you girls to do that more since he is not sleeping much during the day now...which is good but i want to nap too and he wants to coo and play lol..
Post a Comment