N was doing Study Island when she came across a Blueberry Pancake recipe which she and S apparently copied down onto their small white boards. It has been a while since they have done any baking, especially since my elimination diet restricts me from a lot of baked goods that would usually contain eggs and milk. However, the kids are totally capable of baking without me now. When I asked N why they don't bake anymore, she said,"But S wouldn't let us do the fun stuff."
Hmm... that sounds rather familiar.
When I asked S why they don't bake anymore, she said,
"There's no time."
I guess that is true. Ever since we decided to finish up OHVA, it's just been hectic.
It was Saturday morning, and hubby had apparently told them that they could make the pancakes, or at least hinted for them to make the pancakes themselves.
I was listening to Dr. Hesham Al-Awadi's lecture 'Children Around the Prophet' while crocheting the baby blanket, and hubby was sleeping on the kids bed. H popped in and asked hubby about the pancake. Hubby muttered something like,
"Begin without me and finish without me."
H dashed back downstairs, and a few minutes later, I smelled something from the stove. As much as I hate being interrupted, I forced myself to stop crocheting to check out if they're burning th
e house down. As soon as I entered the kitchen, I came across three chidlren huddled in front of the stove, some standing on the step stool. S of course was the master chef in charge of flipping the pancakes, while H ladled the batter. Both H and S claimed,"N didn't help much," but as I stood there watchin
g them, she somehow busied herself with the pancake batter.Baby Z had been downstairs with them, and while I looked around the kitchen, marveling at the kids' independence, I peered at Baby Z, apparently doing his own stuff on the couch.
I bounded back upstairs and brought my crochet downstairs. I continued my crocheting on the couch. The kids took their time, and before long, they were sitting at the table enjoying their hard-earned reward:
Peanut Butter Chips Pancake
2 comments:
K. juli those pancakes looks yummylicious....hhmmm...comel lak tuh... S is very independent I suppose... bilalah nak jumpe your kids lagi...??? take care!!
adibah
tula...ntah2 bila jumpa nnt S dah sama tinggi dgn angah korg :) hehehehehe
limah...tula aku rasa nnt dia sama tinggi dgn ko la hehehehe nnt aku balik ko msk sedap2 ye :D akulak yg rindu kat sambal sotong mak kau ...tpnye aku pun bkn leh makan sotong dah pun sbb Znye allergy..adeyy
Post a Comment