A week. We had about a week to crochet ourselves to two baby blankets for the Sew Giving Blanket Drive. This is my first. This is also S's first. Alhamdulillah, we did finish our baby blankets yesterday, on the deadline.Ahh...how we both crocheted and crocheted the past week. Seeing our blankets making progress bit by bit was really something. S had started making hers first, and I had told her that hers was not long enough, and I made mine longer, but mine proved to be a little bit too long. Hers is actually the perfect size. There were glaring holes in hers, and the sides were somewhat skewed, but overall, S's blanket seems to be more comfy, as the stitches were pretty loose. My stitches were close together and it made the blanket pretty rigid. I also love S's color combo better.
Since this is my fi
rst, I also failed to read the instructions on the label of the yarn, and it turned out that we had bought not enough yarn, hence the crazy color combo on mine. I started crocheting the green and yellow into my colorful yarn combo because I was afraid there wouldn't be enough of the colorful yarn to finish a blanket. S ran out of the blue, so she made the striped pattern be the middle pattern. It was all 'winging it'. Alhamdulillah they turned out pretty good for first timers!Today, hubby is mailing them to Califo
rnia. In our haste, and due to some unexpected visitors last night, we didn't have enough time to make cards or notes to accompany the blankets. So this morning, S and I made them, even though hubby has already brought the packed blankets with him to his office. While choosing the patterned card stock, we pleasantly came up with matching colors for the blankets; mine purple with all the other colors, and S's blue and yellowish. Sweet!
Hubby dropped by to pick up our cards before heading to the Post Office. Alhamdulillah...I hope they reach the sister in time and in good condition. Ameen.

Now on to our next project: the Muslimah Doll Project!
6 comments:
salaam nadia,
those are beautiful blankets and cards. i'm conitnually amazed by how much you do in a day.
mashAllah.
may Allah SWT reward you for all your efforts.
amoi,
wow!amazing..cantik blanket korang..so sweet
waalaikumsalam mona...ameen.
well..i do too much i think ..lol that I was plagued with plugged milk ducts four times in a period of two months! :D
limah..akurasa combo color aku tu cam meriah sgtla hehehe
:p as salamu 'alaykum
Hey, I picked up a book at the library, found some yarn and a crochet needle that was given to me, looked up youtube videos, and can now make a chain. I haven't had the time to continue but I am so proud of myself for achieving that in less than 15 minutes. I guess the memories of my mom teaching me may have helped. I haven't forgotten what I Told you, either. Insha'Allah my first thing will be sent to you. Mwahahaha. :P
umm layth waalaikumsalam
LOL mashaallah! so by the time I'm replying to this you may have already gone on to the stitches! Which stitch did you choose to do? I just tried doing the half double crochet...I"m making another baby blanket for an expected baby inshaallah :D oh congratulations! Go GIRL!
Um, who were the unexpected visitors?
Post a Comment