Wednesday, June 06, 2007

Souvenir for Big Brother

"Eww!" they screamed in unison.

They gathered around it, and recoiled at the sight. On the floor of their room lay the item of attention: Baby Z's belly stump. It had fallen right on their bedroom floor.

"Pick it up," I said.

"Eww!" they chorused again.

I emitted a chuckle and left them with the item of disgust.

A while later I came back, it was gone.

Big Bro H had put it in a huge ziploc bag and placed the ziploc bag in his three ring binder.

"See!" he exclaimed, proud of his own little souvenir from his baby brother, whom he has been waiting for to play soccer with.

I wonder how long that stump will survive in his binder. Of all of them, I never thought he would be the one to claim possession of the 'Eww' inducing item of disgust out of love for his new brother. Well, baby brothers can do wonders, I guess.

2 comments:

Maria said...

Salam, came to your blog thru Sheila's blog. Masha'Allah on your new baby! Wondering how you would cope with homeschooling and a new addition all together. Will enjoy reading your days...

Nadia said...

waalaikumsalam

I'm wondering too, maria lol....still haven't figured it out yet..will play it by the ear I guess...