"We found it!"
Sure enough they did. I had struggled to complete those two pieces as Ramadan approached, and had had to use hubby and the kids as my sounding board.
"I finished it. S please read it and let me know what you think," I pleaded her to critique my pieces.
She's a pretty good critic too. I don't remember what she said exactly, but she gave me feedback that helped me fine tune the pieces.
H read too, and N plain refused.
"It's boring," she said.
"I only like the balloons and slide thingy part."
"What do you like about it?" I asked them when prompting for feedback.
"The facts," replied H.
"I don't like the Moving Holiday that much, I like the Eid one," said S.
"The ending is weird, Ummi," was one of S's feedbacks.
As I fiddled with my intros, I asked her opinion.
"I think that one's better," she said.
"Yeah, that one's weird," H chipped in, and they giggled.
I sent the refined pieces to hubby so many times for critique, such that even after I told myself I was done with it, he came home and gave me more suggestions and feedback for the pieces.
During the course of writing 'The Moving Holiday', I discovered that the Islamic calendar is the only true lunar calendar. All this while I had thought that the Chinese used the lunar calendar too, but it turned out that they and the Jews use the solar-lunar calendar, not a totally lunar calendar. It's also interesting to realize that Allah mentions this in the Quran, in Surah At Tawbah. I never knew that before.
Well, according to the lunar calendar, S is already 11, and N just turned 9 yesterday in the Gregorian calendar. Nine years ago in the Gregorian calendar yesterday, I gave birth to my biggest baby ever so far, at 7 lbs 1.5 oz, yet she is the tiniest now.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment