H always calls Baby Z his 'Best Buddy'. Today, H really helped me out by entertaining his 'Best Buddy' in his time of need.
We were out of lunch and dinner food. I had to cook, so I nursed Baby Z. As usual, he fell asleep while nursing, so I brought him upstairs, placed him on the bed and proceeded to leave the room. He opened his eyes, saw me and started to smile. I kissed his forehead, as usual, told him to sleep, and left the room. He cried for a few seconds and then quieted down.
N hadn't yet takend a bath, and needed to take the hair brush from my room.
"Ummi, Z is not crying, can I go to your room to get the brush?"
I nodded.
As soon as she closed the door after her, Baby Z started wailing. He never stopped. Sighing, I picked him up and put him on his blanket in the living room, while I proceeded to have whatever food is left for lunch. By the time I was about to cook, he was cranky again, so I nursed him again till he fell asleep.
Again, I put him on the bed. He woke up and cried. I left the room anyway, hoping he'd fall asleep after a while. He didn't so I picked him up, and told H to entertain Baby Z while I cooked.
Did H really went all out to keep Baby Z entertained.
At first H lamented,
"But he wouldn't laugh!"
"He won't laugh, 'cause he's sleepy, but I need to cook now, and so you need to keep him busy."
H did his soccer stunts while Baby Z sat on the couch watching him. I managed to finish making the Mee kari and Agar-agar, do the dishes, and clean the kitchen and fridge.
In the midst of it all, I called H to the kitchen, gave him a hug and told him how big of a help he was. You don't get moments like these always, and when you do, you really treasure it, and make your appreciation known.
Too bad the age difference is pretty big between H and Baby Z. it'll be sometime before H could play soccer with Baby Z, but it'd be interesting to see how the dynamics of their relationship would be when Baby Z grows a little bigger. I was worried about H's acceptance of Baby Z before Baby Z was born. Alhamdulilah, H has turned out to be quite a Big Brother, mashaallah.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment