Monday, November 05, 2007

Out of Love

"Why don't you just go in the morning?" said hubby, waking me up from my much needed sleep.

Well, I ended up going to class in the morning. My initial plan was go go after lunch break, so as to give Baby Z the chance to have his nap at home, as the main reason I wasn't attending the class physically was so as not to subject Baby Z to napping in the car seat or stroller for two full weekends. The class was not just for a few measly hours, but from morning to evening on Saturday and Sundays and 3 hours from 6-10pm on Fridays. I was worried it would exacerbate his eczema due to me nursing him at every break time (his skin rubbing against my hijab and sleeves), allergens in the hall (chalkdust), and various people touching his cheeks, and picking him up. We ended up spending the whole day on campus last Sunday.

Every break time I nursed him. Alhamdulillah Allah made it easy, for he slept in the first session, thereby not requiring the kids to actively care for him. He also slept towards the end of the day (which was actually his bedtime), and yes, many people picked him up and cooed at him, but I guess it's part and parcel of bringing a baby to a seminar attended by adults. They needed the 'break' from a very long day of lecture.

We came home immediately after class was over. Before we left the hall, N gave me a Ferrero Rocher.

"Ummi, this is for you," she said.

"The Sheikh told Ammu B to give it to her," explained H.

"Why did you give it to me, N?" I asked her today.

"Because you like it," she replied.

Subhanallah, she had attained that chocolate and reserved it for me, even giving it up herself. The kids knew how much I love it, and how Sheikh Yaser's class is well known for it.

I couldn't eat it however, with my temporary dairy and peanut sanction due to Baby Z's eczema and hives.

So there it sits on the shelf in our living room,

a tangible proof if N's big heart.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

sangat2 sweet!!!

Nadia said...

and you know what happened? dah lama dah bende tu bertenggek kat shelf pastu hubby makan, dah penuh dgn semut!! :((((