Second weekend of Code of Scholars. Again, I struggle with the feat of attending the class via webcam. Yesterday we decided very last minute that I will attend it physically. I made a compromise with S.
They can run during the breaks while I take care of Baby Z. N and H are to help her. It was only 3 hours anyway, so we went for it.
I fed Baby Z before class started. Then I handed him to S. I went in the class.
At break time, I dashed out to check on them.
"A man gave Z pop tarts," they reported to me.
My heart made a double leap.
"Man, what man? Muslim man?"
"Did Z eat it?"
"What happened?"
Turned out that a 'teenage boy' offered them Pop Tarts, and one by one they refused, and then the boy proceeded to feed it to Baby Z. Twice S had pushed it away from Baby Z's mouth. The second time, Baby Z cried, apparently because he was about to lick it I guess.
All this while I am trying so hard to watch what Baby Z eats to see if he is allergic to anything. I was incredulous and furious. The issue of Pop Tarts being questionable in terms of its halalness also popped up.
I stood there in silence, contemplating ditching the class and sitting out there with them. However, I had come, and I should optimize it to attend the class physically. I commended S for being brave enough to push the Pop Tart away from Baby Z.
A while later, she showed me the boy who had offered Baby Z the Pop Tart. I debated whether to reprimand him or not. I chose not to, hoping that he won't do it again. He was holding a binder, so hopefully he would go to class after the break. I did follow him to the babysitting room, though, and when I asked who was in charge, they showed me a teenage girl. I went out of the room.
I told S to come to me in class if they have trouble with anymore people shoving food in Baby Z's mouth. Before I went in, I also told her not to let anyone pick Baby Z up. I still don't know what triggers his hives and eczema flare ups. It might be incense or perfume, and I know the sisters have those on.
"Only K, the Shs, R, Rq, and Fd. No one else," I told them. I had restricted it to only a few people who are allowed to pick up Baby Z.
"Just tell them your mom doesn't allow it," I added.
S has some trouble being assertive. She nodded.
When I came out of class she told me that a woman wanted to pick Baby Z up.
"I told her that my mom doesn't allow anyone to pick him up," she said.
Hubby said that we should buy her something, for babysitting Baby Z. We stopped at 7 Eleven.
"Mashaallah S, you protected your lil brother today," I commended her at home. She smiled her shy smile.
I really hate it when people try to feed your baby without even asking you. When I told hubby, he was shocked. Well, alhamdulillah Baby Z didn't get any Pop Tart in him. I've stopped even with the rice porridge, to see if his hives would come back. So far, his eczema is still the same, (worse) but he's free of hives.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
S is an amazing sister!
Hopefully Baby Z will get better soon. Kesian dia.
But really, why do people do that, shouldnt they realise that the baby is not theirs, and might have allergies and such! Some people are really insensitive!
Once, a girl came up to me and asked me whether she can touch "it"? Refering to my nephew Hariz!!! Ada ke dia panggil anak buah kita "it"?
You have been busy :-) Take care and have fun! *hugs*
Hah, then u can imagine how i felt when one time, someone actually offered to breastfeed hureen but hureen refused masa tu. I was bz eating and my helper yg dukung hureen when someone suddenly amik hureen n tried to bfeed. Huh, mmg menguji kesabaran tul. Luckily i knew about it later, kalau tak...
Anyway, yes, you shdnt simply dukung anak org. Must get permission first.
hudhud
elsa..
LOL.."it' indeed. hugs back at ya.
hudhud
serious? hureen menangis ke? first time dgr org try nak main bf je anak org w/o mak dia tau.
who is R and Fd?
Post a Comment